Marin County Free Library Technical Services
Marin County Technology Users Group
December 11, 2003, 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Novato Library Meeting Room
A. Outlook (co.marin.ca.us) accounts for EVERYONE
B. Viruses report: pattern 698
Problems with updating?
C. Prospective 2004 MCTUG schedule
D. Deep Freeze: CMA, CCE, INV, BOL left
A. Parasites and Ad-ware
- Occurances: CCE, CMA, FAI, TEC
- Related to popups and viruses (see and.doxdesk.com for
infor and detection script)
- Trend, AdsGone, SpyBot
- Virus: ADW_RULEDOR.C (info from TrendMicro)
- If you suspect parasites, call Tech Support!
B. CD discs and public PCs
- CDR, CDRW, DVD and plain old CD-ROM, and what drives read them
- CDRW and DVD software issues
- Drive letters (config changes in progress)
C. Telecom details
Table of costs and connection types, info only
D. New WebPAC interface
- Public Browser replaces desktop (always open)
- Two options, WebPAC and DBs with or without
Library Online signup
- To close PWB, Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Insert, type "exit"
- Time-out returns to Home, set in PWB.ini
- Training and informational issues raised:
Tech Support Info Home
Created Nov. 13, 2003