Marin County Free Library Technical Services
Marin County Technology Users Group
March 11, 2004, 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Novato Library Meeting Room
A. Network Outages and Troubleshooting v.2.02
B. Viruses report: pattern 811
C. Wireless update:
D. New WebPACs ongoing replacements
- White paper on wireless needs
- CMA/Orinoco from Proxim
- Active Ethernet and Power Injectors (not!)
- New SNO: bid from WBE first
- After CMA, Novato
A. MARINet server move: March 17
- 184.108.40.206 to remain in use for public
- New 10.something from "inside"
- "marinet.lib.ca.us" to work both places
- Updating: MillCirc
- libonline.marinet.lib.ca.us also moving: no effect
B. Updating Trend by Reinstalling (Staff PCs)
- Exec Account
- Start Menu, Programs, Trend,
Uninstall OfficeScan NT
- Password is "trend"
- Click on "OK," then restart the machine
- Don't worry about deleting folder (already gone)
- Install: click here, Install Now
- May appear slow at first, "Yes" if asked to trust Trend
- Click on "OK," and you have new Trend!
C. Demo of Children's PC shutdown proposal
D. Floppy drives to surgery!
D. OPAC scrollbar (scrollback) issue
- Training and informational issues raised:
Tech Support Info Home
Created Feb. 11, 2004