Marin County Free Library Technical Services
Marin County Technology Users Group
January 12, 2006, 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
South Novato Library
- Welcome to Channing!
- Weekend support to begin in Feb. (after CMA)
- CCE network problems continue
- First Shuttle PCs used at Novato Chi-Ref desk
- Quick demo of Linux Circ Desk client
- Add a PST (Personal Folder) to Outlook
How to Create, Where to Store, and How to Open a PST file in Outlook
- New MillCirc testing protocol
Time how fast it loads
Rough guess for usernames and passwords = 5 sec.
15 sec. to 45 sec. good
At 90 sec. it probably won't finish loading
- Critical Updates for Windows
There are three critical updates for January 2006 from Microsoft
See our Patch Page for details and instructions.
Microsoft's description of the patches is at
- If you wish, you can run Microsoft Update from the MS website. It will take a lot longer,
but this would be appropriate for your own staff machines.
- If you do run updates, do not turn Automatic Updating on. We are going to test
Automatic Update at SNO for the next two months before deciding what to do.
- We will take care of Print Release Servers. Can everyone leave their Print Release
Servers on tomorrow (Friday)? We can update these remotely.
- We will take care of the self check machines (Libramation's) that need updating.
- We will take care of the public machines, unless you arrange with us to do that.
- Training and informational issues raised:
Tech Support Info Home
Created Jan. 4, 2005