Marin County Free Library Technical Services
Marin County Technology Users Group
Mar. 13, 2008, 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
South Novato Library
- Daylight Savings Time time and PCs: no problems reported
- Updates to software test page for public PCs
- DOC-X (or Office 2007) converter for staff PCs? (link to executable)
- Shuttles, Shuttles -- booting problems can look like a monitor problem
- Demo: Media Bays and Mini Laptops
- Quick Demo: My Monitor has Two Inputs (DVI and VGA)
- III Server-Network connection problem discovered in Feb.
- 2008 LAN Party Plans: PS-3, Wii (?), Rock Band
- FY 2008-09 Computer Replacement Plan
- List of Computers and Printers (pdf, 47.5 kb)
- Fewer PCs (42) and laptops (4)
- Office 2007 licenses
- Novato repl. self checks
- Smaller monitor program, but many monitor arms
- Goal: More accurate representation of what we'll really spend
- Google Search and IE AutoComplete in tedious detail
- Are you really, really sure?
- Saving passwords, form input, URLs, etc. (IE, PWB, Firefox)
- Google Suggest for Firefox
- Demo of ADA Workstation
- How like a public PC and how not?
- 2 special software titles: Dragon Naturally Speaking and ZoomText with Reader
- Policies to be worked out
- If time permits: Microfilm station demo
- Training and informational issues raised:
Tech Support Info Home
Created Feb. 12, 2008