Marin County Free Library Technical Services
Marin County Technology Users Group
Feb. 12, 2009, 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
South Novato Library
- Group 3 PCs here, mostly for CCE/CMA
- Credit card readers for Express Lane self checks
- Troubleshooting: Monitor cables and bent pins
- Daylight Savings Time: only problems are with L/O PCs, and there will be patching
- Children's CD ROM (games) PC Project is on!
- Laptop Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- When laptops freeze, or won't start up
- Laptop updates, and bringing them in for maintenance
- New staff images for laptops
- LibOnline Server Upgrade to 3.7
- A tale of two databases
- New features in this release
- Admin console: many changes
- Working on "second language"
- New URLs for admin console (http://libonline.marinet.lib.ca.us/admin)
- Privacy problems and saved passwords on Webpacs when using Reserve a Computer
- Windows 7 beta (again?)
- "It's like Vista, but it works."
- Planned for final release later in '09
- Training and informational issues raised:
Tech Support Info Home
Created March 11, 2009